What are the COVID guidelines for this event?
Calontir has adopted the COVID Safe guidelines. This means that all attendees must be fully vaccinated (two weeks since the final shot of the vaccine schedule) or provide proof of negative COVID test within the previous 72 hours. Masks must be worn while indoors. More information can be found here.
Is there pre-registration?
Pre-registration is now open! Pre-register for the event here!
Is this a wet site?
No, site is dry.
Are pets allowed?
Pets are only allowed outside at the fairgrounds and are not allowed to come into the Lakin Center.
Is the site disability friendly?
The Lakin Center is disability friendly and has a paved parking lot associated with it. The rest of the site is a typical fairgrounds with lots of grass and some gravel roads to get to other areas. The site is somewhat hilly and does have stairs by the horse arena up to other buildings.
This is my first SCA event, what do I need to know?
First off, welcome! We look forward to you joining us. The Society of Creative Anachronism is a group looking to re-create the best parts pre-17th Century life and history. Some basic things to know about this event:
1. An attempt at pre-17th century clothing is required if you're planning to attend and participate in this event. We will have a limited amount of loaner clothing available at Gate at site.
2. If you're bringing your horse, please make sure to register and email Jorunna any questions you have about requirements on the Equestrian page. If requirements are not met, we unfortunately will have to turn you away, as we need to ensure the health and safety of all horses at the event.
3. We welcome families to participate in this event and other local events that our Barony hosts.
4. You do not need to be a paid member of the SCA to participate in this event.
5. All visitors and participators are required to follow Calontir's CovidSafe Policy. Please review the policy on the main page for the event.
We look forward to meeting you!